Wednesday 24 April 2013

Video Games for Kids... Good or Bad ?


I remember on one of our vacations with their aunts, uncles and cousins, we were at the beach house when the kids just refused to go outside and play. They insisted on staying inside, playing video games and watching TV. The adults finally decided to just drag them off the 'technology' and enjoy the beach instead.


So are video games good or bad for kids ? Like everything else, I believe they're both good and bad. However, I would caution parents to really watch what their children are playing because a lot of seemingly innocent video games are actually violent (I think, anyway). I would say that these types of video games are definitely bad. Education games are, as their names implied, educational and they do teach children a lot of things like reading and math.

For me, video games are good if you really pick your games and watch how long you spend time playing it. I would definitely avoid games containing violence, and I limit the time the kids can play the games. 

Additional resources :
(these happen to be the good review on video games and kids. However, read carefully and you'll see that the games they refer to are specific, non-violent games).

1 comment:

  1. Very informative article. This post helped me to learn about the positive and negative impacts of video games. For me video games are really good but when played in a controlled manner.
    fire truck videos for kids

    ReplyDelete